The mission of the St. Joseph Catholic School System is to provide a Catholic faith-based education rooted in Gospel values offered in a safe, caring, academically challenging, and creative environment.
St. Joseph Catholic School System in Greenville, Mississippi, has been founded on a tradition of educational excellence since 1888. It is our belief and conviction that every student entrusted to our care can succeed and deserves all our support:
- All students can learn when actively engaged in the learning process provided within a meaningful context.
- Students learn best when they have appropriate opportunities for success and are challenged to increase their performance.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique needs and talents.
As an educational institution, St. Joseph Catholic School System is committed to cultural diversity and continuous improvement of curriculum and assessment methods:
- Cultural diversity is appreciated and celebrated; it increases a student's understanding and learning experience in the community and in the world.
- Diversity in assessment methods provides the students with a variety of opportunities for achievement.
- Curriculum reflects a variety of learning activities for the student's unique needs, interests, strengths and weaknesses at various developmental stages.
As a community of faith deeply rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church's tradition, St. Joseph Catholic School System strongly believes that each child and adult should be provided with regular opportunities for prayer, sacraments and reading the scriptures:
- Religious education and Christian formation in the doctrines, values, traditions and teachings of the Catholic Church are an integral part of the school curriculum.
- Parents are primary educators of their children, and the school assists them in the process while instilling in students an appreciation of others and a commitment to principles of peace and justice.
- Teachers, parents and students all share in the responsibility to be witnesses to the Gospel. As such, religious truths and values infuse all the subjects of the curriculum.
Finally, St. Joseph Catholic School believes in the dignity of every person and the respect of all. Student learning and growth are major priorities of our school which we promote by establishing a safe and caring environment. Our goal is to produce academic learners and future leaders who analyze complex problems, turn data into information, and information into solutions.